Join our expanding team
About this Role:
This is an outstanding opportunity for an Estimator to join a well-respected and established civil engineering, construction and groundworks contractor in Kent. The role will give you the opportunity to work with the estimating team on tenders up to the value of £8 million. The business delivers a mixture of projects across Kent, Sussex and S.E. London for national developers and private sector clients.
Tenders you are likely to work on will consist of housing schemes, commercial buildings, education projects, specialist civils projects, groundworks, roads and infrastructure.
The role is suitable for an experienced Estimator looking for the opportunity to work for an established company with the potential for career progression.
Review tender enquiries and documents received with the Commercial Director to identify target schemes.
Responsible for the preparation of tenders, site visits, take-offs, production of bill of quantities.
In co-ordination with the materials procurement team, obtain suitable market quotations to substantiate the prime cost utilising the company Supply Chain.
Deliver and substantiate cost submissions at the pre tender submission adjudication meeting.
Handover of successful tender information so the site teams are suitably briefed during pre-start meetings.
Commitment, the enthusiasm to succeed and outstanding performance will be rewarded with a competitive salary, package and opportunities to progress.
About the Candidate:
• At least 5 years’ experience of estimating or surveying.
• Previous experience within groundworks and civil engineering
• Show initiative and good work ethic
• Team attitude
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Able to build rapport with clients and contractors
• Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
Points of Appeal:
• Established contractor with sustainable growth vision.
• Good team atmosphere
• Competitive salary and benefits